In case you have a number of Android units otherwise you’re planning on buying a brand new smartphone within the close to future, you already know that all your Google contacts shall be viewable by any Android gadget you affiliate along with your Google account. However what about these contacts remoted to your telephone’s native storage? Since these aren’t saved in your Google cloud, they will not be obtainable to different units. So, how do you remedy that conundrum?
Simple… you migrate you contacts from the native storage to your Google account. I am going to present you ways to do this in two simple steps. (This tip assumes that you’ve a tool related to a Google account, and it accommodates numerous contacts on the native storage.)
SEE: Job description: Android developer (Tech Professional Analysis)
Step 1: Export
Observe these steps to export your contacts:
- Open the Contacts app in your Android gadget.
- Faucet the app’s Overflow menu (three horizontal traces within the higher left nook).
- Faucet Settings from the facet bar menu.
- Faucet Export.
- Give the file a reputation and faucet SAVE (Determine A).
Step 2: Import
- Open the Contacts app.
- Faucet the app’s Overflow menu.
- Faucet Settings.
- Faucet Import.
- Faucet Google.
- Choose Import vCard file.
- Find and faucet the vCard file to be imported.
- Permit the import to finish.
By default, all your contacts in your gadget shall be routinely synced along with your Google account, so there isn’t any additional motion.
Editor’s observe: The steps on this article have been up to date on Feb. 16, 2019.